I love chocolate in almost anything, but not that many Christmas cookies are chocolate-based. I’m always on the hunt for a Christmas cookie recipe I haven’t tried, so I was excited to find these Chocolate Snowcap cookies that combine chocolate and a wintry look.
This recipe is very versatile and the final product has a rich brownie-like taste. I also used the base of this recipe for the chocolate mint hug and kiss cookies.Whether you call them snowcaps, crinkles or crackles, they are really beautiful with the contrast of the brown cracks and stark white powdered sugar. What are your favorite chocolate Christmas cookie recipes? Please share them with me!
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 cups white sugar
½ cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup confectioners sugar
- In a medium bowl, mix together cocoa, white sugar, and vegetable oil. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt; stir into the cocoa mixture. Cover dough, and chill for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Roll dough into one-inch balls.
- Coat each ball in confectioners’ sugar before placing onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Let rest on pan for 1 minute before transferring to a wire rack to cool.